Compliance and Risk Management for Banks and the Financial Industry
Since the financial crisis there has been an increasing focus on risk management and the financial stability of banks. The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision introduced a set of qualitative and quantitative criteria regarding risk management as well as the FATF whose main focus os on ATM/CTF which are becoming part of regulatory requirements in most countries. As such, it is imperative to be knowledgeable with these compliance requirements and what is expected from the financial and banking industry in order to comply with the regulations. Therefore the development of a risk management framework is crucial to embed a successful risk management culture in a bank.
• Highlighting the Significant Role of Financial Institutions in the Economy
• FATF 40/ FATF Recommendations and 9 special recommendations
• Design and Implementation of a Risk Management Framework for Banking and Non-Banking Institutions Addressing the New Basel III Principles for Risk Management and Corporate Governance
• Highlighting the Role of Financial Institution Supervision and Corporate Governance in The Risk Management Processes
• Regulatory and Supervisory Authorities
• Chief Compliance Officers
• Chief Financial Officers
• Chief Risk Officers
• Financial Institution Management
• Financial Managers
• Compliance and Legal Managers
• Internal Auditors
Japie BenadeBA, BA Hons, Masters in Administration, Diploma in Financial Planning
Johan was with Spoornet for over 17 years, where he occupied various management positions up to the level of an Executive Manager HR, overseeing Recruitment and Selection, Labour Relations, Professional Services, EAP and HR Operations in the Line Departments. He built on his experience at Spoornet and is currently in the skills development area, where he lecturers at several educational and training institutions in South Africa. His focus areas are: Taxation, Financial Planning, Economics, Financial Management, Accounting (Both in the Public Service and Private Sector), Cost Management, Business Ethics, Corporate Strategy and Strategic Management. As a Lecturer he has presented a number of training programs at Regional and Local Government. Which include Public Financial Management and Budgeting, Finance and Reporting, Asset Management, Policy Development and Analysis, Advanced SCM and Procurement in the Public Sector, Performance and Risk based Auditing amongst others.