Effective Organisational Communications, Crisis Communication and PR
This 5-day workshop will examine the best practices into business continuity and crisis management.
Benefits for establishing strategic communications, public relations and crisis communication strategies as well as providing the practical expertise that will ensure management techniques resulting in improved business continuity and disaster recovery.
Analysing your company’s vulnerability is essential for business continuity, for compliance with legal requirements and the maintenance of reputation.
- Determine what Effective Organisational Communication is
- Understand the Different Strategies Needed To Communicate With Stakeholders
- Apply Methods and Tools to Communicate in Any Situation and With Any Stakeholder
- Manage Online Organisational Communication
- Survive the First Few Minutes when in a Crisis
- Develop an Integrated Strategic Communication and Public Relations Approach
- Business Continuity Managers
- PR and Corporate Communication Managers
- Risk Managers
- Business Security Managers
- Disaster Recovery Managers
- Contingency Planners and Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Crisis Managers
- Corporate Risk Managers
- Strategy Managers
- Marketing Managers
NQF level 5, 5 credits towards a Higher Certificate in Management. A Competency certificate can be earned, subject to successful completion of the POE/ Assessment in the specified period stipulated at the event. If a participant chooses not to complete the assessment, he/she will receive a certificate of attendance only
This workshop is aligned to the following unit standard(s)
- Apply Sound Communication Principles in The Coordination Of Selected Public Sector Communications Programmes – SAQA US 119346
Our Accreditation Partner
In terms of the Higher Education Act, all courses and programmes offered by Business Schools resort under the Council on Higher Education’s Quality Committee (CHE QC) for assessment and quality-assurance purposes. All courses offered by Southern Business School are registered through the prescribed higher education processes and are subject to internal quality assurance processes as far as moderation, assessment and accreditation are concerned. When short courses are aligned to modules of formal academic programmes of Southern Business School, or SAQA Registered Unit standards, they are credit-bearing short courses. This status is also described in the Criterion Guideline document for Short Courses” from SAQA
Deon’s skills lies in facilitating & training and assisting clients with projects dealing with Reputation, OD, Crisis and Stakeholder issues ranging from Corporate Reputation, Reputation Risk, Stakeholder Reputation, Strategic, Crisis Communication and Crisis Management and PR. He has written many a Crisis and Crisis Communications plans including Vodacom when they were merging with Vodaphone. Deon was the Strategic Crisis Adviser to Statistics SA during the 2011 Census, he advised ATNS – Air Traffic Navigation Services during the 2010 Soccer World Cup. Deon has facilitated Crisis workshops in Beijing, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and South Africa. He is a part time lecturer and GIBS and has done numerous guests lecturing at UJ, Monash and UCT. Deon has spoken at more than a 100 conferences in 15 countries.