Managing Pension and Retirement Funds Effectively
Good governance of funds is important because it leads to better outcomes, which in turn leads to better investment returns. Members trust you with their retirement benefits and their personal information. You need to ensure that trust is not lost.
The training concentrate on Retirement Funds and Trustees, covering the structure of a retirement fund, different fund types, industry role-players, benefits payable and trustees’ duties and responsibilities. Training on fund documents and death benefit covers, fund regulation and how to conduct trustee meetings.
It also explain the correct interpretation and application of Pension fund legislation and to provide practical solutions for problems which exist in practice.
This course provides advanced knowledge and management tools for the effective supervision and administration of on private and public pension funds with regards to pension reform and good governance
- Addressing the Challenges facing the Pension Fund Industry
- Applying De-risking Strategies for your pension fund
- Understanding Corporate Governance and it’s important to pension fund industry?
- Surplus legislation, its impact and its Implications
- Trustee forum: what do current market conditions mean for you as a fiduciary?
- Addressing Trustees key duties and powers as prescribed by the Fund Rules, regulations and legislation
- Monitoring and evaluation of pension funds: reviewing the Service Legal Agreement (SLAs)
- How surplus returns should affect Employee Benefit Plans
- Innovation in the pension and retirement fund Industry
- Trustees and Fund Managers
- Fund Administrators
- Employer and Worker Representatives
- Human Resource Directors and Managers
- Employee Benefits Directors and Managers
- Benefit Administrators
- Portfolio Managers
- Pension Fund Risk Managers
- Pension Fund Communication Professionals
- Member Distribution Managers
- Pension Managers and Pension Scheme Managers
- Pension Officers and Registrars
Japie BenadeBA, BA Hons, Masters in Administration, Diploma in Financial Planning
Johan was with Spoornet for over 17 years, where he occupied various management positions up to the level of an Executive Manager HR, overseeing Recruitment and Selection, Labour Relations, Professional Services, EAP and HR Operations in the Line Departments. He built on his experience at Spoornet and is currently in the skills development area, where he lecturers at several educational and training institutions in South Africa. His focus areas are: Taxation, Financial Planning, Economics, Financial Management, Accounting (Both in the Public Service and Private Sector), Cost Management, Business Ethics, Corporate Strategy and Strategic Management. As a Lecturer he has presented a number of training programs at Regional and Local Government. Which include Public Financial Management and Budgeting, Finance and Reporting, Asset Management, Policy Development and Analysis, Advanced SCM and Procurement in the Public Sector, Performance and Risk based Auditing amongst others.