Strategic Fleet Operations and Transport Management in the Public Sector (Livestream Optional)
COVID-19, have created new challenges and this tested and shaken our traditional way of thinking when it comes to transport and fleet operations.
The “new normal” will require three-dimensional thinking as we re-evaluate our traditional transportation operating models.
Transport and fleet managers are faced with unusually adverse conditions: higher fuel costs, consolidation, hidden fees, new security requirements, capacity constraints and higher-than-ever customer expectations that affect carrier selection, fulfilment accuracy and inventory management.
Instead of using COVID 19 and new market realities as an excuse – savvy managers are leveraging these challenges to install fundamental changes in how organisations view transport and fleet management. The end result: once thought of as an end-of-the-line process, transportation management is now taking centre stage with key roles in customer service, marketing and operations – greatly increasing the value that transportation organizations deliver to the enterprise.
- Applying Methodologies To Improve Fleet Operational Cost And Management
- Understanding how to Implement Lean Six Sigma For Logistics
- Optimising Fleet Utilisation For Maximum Efficiencies And To Achieve A Faster Turnaround Time
- Increasing Productivity With Periodical Preventive And Corrective Measures On Fleet Maintenance Programme
- Exploring and Implementing Strategic Business Objectives To Improve Overall Operational Procedures
- Mitigate Transport And Fleet Risks Within The Business That Is Caused By Human Factors
- Transport Managers and Administrators
- Fleet Managers and Administrators
- Logistics Managers and Administrators
- Procurement Managers and Officials
- Financial/Logistic/Maintenance Directors
- Operations Managers
- Distribution Managers
- Government Transportation Professionals
- Fleet Maintenance Managers
- Transportation Consultants
- Fleet Management Industry Personnel
- State Transportation Professionals
- Fleet Planners
- Contracts and Logistics Managers
- General Fleet Operations Staff
After successful completion of this 5 day course on Strategic Fleet Operations and Transport Management in the Public Sector, including the assignment/POE. The learner will receive 20 Credits from Southern Business School for the subject Public Transport & Fleet Management 1 (PTM100) which will count towards the Diploma in Management NQF Level 6. The learner will be registered for non qualification purposes with Southern Business School for the subject Public Transport & Fleet Management 1 (PTM100)
Our Accreditation Partner
In terms of the Higher Education Act, all courses and programmes offered by Business Schools resort under the Council on Higher Education’s Quality Committee (CHE QC) for assessment and quality-assurance purposes. All courses offered by Southern Business School are registered through the prescribed higher education processes and are subject to internal quality assurance processes as far as moderation, assessment and accreditation are concerned. When short courses are aligned to modules of formal academic programmes of Southern Business School, or SAQA Registered Unit standards, they are credit-bearing short courses. This status is also described in the Criterion Guideline document for Short Courses” from SAQA