The purpose of the qualification is to equip managers with the skills and knowledge to manage first line managers, including team leaders, supervisors, junior managers, section heads and foremen.
The skills, knowledge and understanding demonstrated within this qualification are essential for the creation of a talent pool of experienced and effective middle managers. This qualification will create a leadership cadre for the South African society throughout multiple industries and sectors both private and public.
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans to improve the effectiveness of the unit
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit
- Lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness
- Build relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks
- Enhance the development of teams and team members
Module 1 Team Strategies and Plans
Module 2 Manage Risk, Knowledge, Finance and Ethics
Module 3 Lead and Manage Teams
Module 4 Monitor and Measure Performance
Module 5 People Development
Module 6 Manage Relationships
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE:
- Communication at NQF Level 4
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4
Assessment: The purpose of the qualification is achieved via demonstration of competence in terms of the exit level outcomes, which in turn are a function of the associated unit standards. Candidates will be assessed in an integrative manner per exit level outcome according to the qualification rules.
A Services SETA Certificate & Services SETA Statement of Achievement will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete all portfolio requirements
A Services SETA Statement of Achievement will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete some, but not all, of the modules’ portfolio requirements. The Statement of Results will only reflect the modules successfully completed