New Venture Creation
This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture. Learners attempting this qualification will be equipped with a variety of technical, business managerial and personal skills and strategies to help them succeed in the creation and sustenance of a business.The successful learner will develop a sound foundation for the application of these skills and knowledge to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy.
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management
Module 1 Entrepreneurship
Module 2 Business planning
Module 3 Business finance
Module 4 Business development
Module 5 Business Management
Module 6 Negotiation Skills
Module 7 HR and Labour relations
Module 8 Team building
Module 9 Basic Computer skills
Module 10 Effective tendering
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE:
- Communication at NQF Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
Assessment: The purpose of the qualification is achieved via demonstration of competence in terms of the exit level outcomes, which in turn are a function of the associated unit standards. Candidates will be assessed in an integrative manner per exit level outcome according to the qualification rules.
A Services SETA Certificate & Services SETA Statement of Achievement will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete all portfolio requirements
A Services SETA Statement of Achievement will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete some, but not all, of the modules’ portfolio requirements. The Statement of Results will only reflect the modules successfully completed