The purpose of the FETC: Public Administration is to provide a structured programme for public officials that work in support of senior management officials in providing for service delivery objectives. The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is therefore identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government.
- Apply public sector principles, policies and ethics to own public sector work context.
- Apply the principles of good customer service in own public sector context.
- Apply administrative principles in implementation of public sector procedures and work schedules.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply the principles of problem identification and analysis.
- Contribute towards team development in own public sector context.
- Apply the principles of communication in own work context according to public sector communication protocol
Module 1 Mathematics in Public Administration
Module 2 Communication in Public Administration
Module 3 Legal Aspects of Public Administration
Module 4 Principles of Management
Module 5 Managing People
Module 6 Local Government Administration and Management
Module 7 Introduction to Public Administration
Module 8 Records Management
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE:
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
Formative assessment: Portfolio of evidence will be submitted within two months after the training of each module. Assessment activities include evaluating all documentation produced during the process and questioning to test knowledge and ability to apply.
Final summative assessment: An Integrated Assessment will be conducted on the theoretical and practical components after all the modules are completed. During integrated assessments the assessor makes use of formative and summative assessment methods and assess combinations of practical, applied, foundational and reflective competencies.
Assessors and moderators make use of a range of formative and summative assessment methods. Assessors assess and give credit for the evidence of learning that has already been acquired through formal, informal and non-formal learning and work experience.
This programme is accredited by the Public Service Sector Education and training Authority (P SETA).
On completion, the following certification will be awarded:
A PSETA National Certificate: Public Administration (NQF level 5) will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete all portfolio requirements;
A PSETA Statement of Results will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete some, but not all, of the modules’ portfolio requirements. The Statement of Results will only reflect the modules successfully completed
SAQA ID: 57824
Further Education and Training Certificate
Duration: 1 Year