The purpose of the NQF Level 7 Public Administration qualification is to provide the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required by public officials that work at a senior management and executive level. These competencies will enable senior public officials to provide the strategic leadership and management needed to transform all spheres of government. The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government.
The National Diploma in Public Administration (NQF Level 7) is aimed at practitioners working in the public sector. It is the last qualification in a career pathway in Public Administration and Management.
With regard to the implementation of Public Administration and Management reforms, the Qualification serves, as a basis of an effective implementation process by defining and identifying those competencies required by technical public officials. The possession of relevant knowledge, skills and attitude by public officials is crucial to the implementation of public sector administration and management reforms
- Deliver public value; Formulate and evaluate public sector policies and programmes;
- Fulfil management functions required to deliver public value;
- Conceptualise, design and implement a public sector development management framework;
- Fulfil management functions required to deliver public value; • Conceptualise, design and implement a public sector development management framework;
- Integrate public administration under the rule of law.
The qualification consists of Six modules and a Final Integrated Summative Assessment (FISA)
Module 1 Public Resource Management
Module 2 Public Finance and Administration
Module 3 Fundamentals of Research
Module 4 Public Strategic Management
Module 5 Public Policy Management
Module 6 Public Communication Strategies
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE:
- It is assumed that all learners accessing this qualification must be in possession of a Further Education and Training Certificate or equivalent qualification in Public Administration, and also a general degree at NQF Level 6 in the areas of Administration, Management, Finance or Commerce.
Formative assessment: Portfolio of evidence will be submitted within two months after the training of each module. Assessment activities include evaluating all documentation produced during the process and questioning to test knowledge and ability to apply.
Final summative assessment: An Integrated Assessment will be conducted on the theoretical and practical components after all the modules are completed. During integrated assessments the assessor makes use of formative and summative assessment methods and assess combinations of practical, applied, foundational and reflective competencies.
Assessors and moderators make use of a range of formative and summative assessment methods. Assessors assess and give credit for the evidence of learning that has already been acquired through formal, informal and non-formal learning and work experience.
The National Diploma: Public Administration NQF 7 (260 credits) is a 12-month qualification.
On completion, the following certification will be awarded:
A PSETA Certificate and Statement of Achievement will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete all portfolio requirements
A PSETA Statement of Achievement will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete some, but not all, of the modules’ portfolio requirements. The Statement of Results will only reflect the modules successfully completed
SAQA ID: 57827
Duration: 1-2 Years