The purpose of this qualification is to provide a structured programme for public officials that work with senior and executive management officials so as to provide support to strategic leadership and management needed to transform all spheres of government. The need for well-qualified efficient, client-oriented public officials is therefore identified as a priority in all the three spheres of government. The National Diploma in Public Administration (NQF Level 6) is aimed at practitioners working in the public sector or moving into the public sector. It is a qualification in a career pathway towards an accomplished Public Administration and Management Specialist.
The qualification will enhance the ability of the qualifying learner as a public official to perform the expected administration tasks, as well as to improve management abilities. In this way, the qualification enhances transferability of skills within different spheres of the public sector. At the same time, a learner will gain a firm foundation required for furthering studies leading to qualification registered at NQF levels 7.
- Develop and manage knowledge management and knowledge management systems for the public sector.
- Manage the implementation of strategies, policies and plans in a public sector environment.
- Develop service delivery charters, protocols and agreements to support service delivery objectives and implementation within public sector environment.
- Promote and uphold strategic leadership within public sector environment.
- Create a culture of a learning organisation within the public sector
Module 1 Develop and Manage Knowledge
Module 2 Manage the Implementation of Strategies
Module 3 Develop Service Delivery Charters
Module 4 Promote and Uphold Strategic Leadership
Module 5 Create A Culture of A Learning Organisation
LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE:
- It is assumed that all learners accessing this qualification must be in possession of a Further Education and Training Certificate or equivalent qualification. Learners will have competences in Communication NQF Level 5, and Computer Literacy NQF level 5.
Formative assessment: Portfolio of evidence will be submitted within two months after the training of each module. Assessment activities include evaluating all documentation produced during the process and questioning to test knowledge and ability to apply.
Final summative assessment: An Integrated Assessment will be conducted on the theoretical and practical components after all the modules are completed. During integrated assessments the assessor makes use of formative and summative assessment methods and assess combinations of practical, applied, foundational and reflective competencies.
Assessors and moderators make use of a range of formative and summative assessment methods. Assessors assess and give credit for the evidence of learning that has already been acquired through formal, informal and non-formal learning and work experience.
This programme is accredited by the Public Service Sector Education and training Authority (P SETA).
On completion, the following certification will be awarded:
A PSETA National Certificate: Public Administration (NQF level 5) will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete all portfolio requirements
A PSETA Statement of Results will be awarded to all delegates who successfully complete some, but not all, of the modules’ portfolio requirements. The Statement of Results will only reflect the modules successfully completed.
SAQA ID: 67460
Duration: 2 Years